ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Outside Lights - 03/01/02 11:48 PM
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Called to install some exhaust fans in bathrooms. This was the first thing I saw when I got out of the truck (probably should have gotten back in truck and left).

jb

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 03-01-2002).]
Posted By: HIGHVOLTAGE Re: Outside Lights - 03/02/02 04:50 PM
In the city of Worcester , Mass if I see this , no matter if I'm driving by or called to the address for an inspection, The it would be called to the owner's attention and they would be asked right there to get it fix , I'd give it a week or so then if it still wasn't done I would issue a violation notice in writing and give them 7 days to comply , ( this depends on the severity of the problem, some things like inoperable or out dated smokes are 24 hours ), if they don't comply they would end up with a COURT ORDER from a Judge , most comply with the verble order for correction
Posted By: CTwireman Re: Outside Lights - 03/03/02 09:52 PM
Wow! That is a true hack job! Was this a "homeowner special"? I cant imagine that a profesional would do this.
Posted By: jb Re: Outside Lights - 03/05/02 05:43 PM
Being that the romex is cleverly positioned behind a rose bush, would that be considered "protected from physical abuse"? [Linked Image]
Posted By: atomic Re: Outside Lights - 03/09/02 05:41 AM
Hey, at least he used UF cable! Yeesh, what a bunch of perfectionist. Heheh.
Posted By: seymo1 Re: Outside Lights - 03/14/02 08:15 AM
hey CT, you'd be surprised what some "professionals" will do.
Posted By: CTwireman Re: Outside Lights - 03/14/02 06:00 PM
seymo-

Yes, unfortunately you are correct.
Posted By: John Steinke Re: Outside Lights - 03/15/02 04:38 AM
I've seen this sort of thing a lot- only difference being that the dangling wire usually feeds a 'handy box' receptacle.
Would it be so bad if somebody made their lamps so that the wall plate could neatly attach to a 2-gang "Bell" box? Or had a lip wide enough for a 1/2" conduit punch?
When you think about it, are there any lamps out there that are designed to be added after the house is built?
© ECN Electrical Forums