ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin A Complete Conduit System? - 01/01/02 06:19 PM
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Is this conduit system complete?

Nick

PS- This occupancy can be classified as a place of assembly when done.
Posted By: Redsy Re: A Complete Conduit System? - 01/02/02 02:44 AM
Nick,

Is that Greenfield just stuffed into the PVC?
Is the PVC supported?
Posted By: Nick Re: A Complete Conduit System? - 01/02/02 04:18 AM
The flex is properly terminated into a FA but the entire run is not supported. The PVC is a violation due to this being a place of assembly. A funny side note is the core plans called for 1-4โ€. They ran 2-2โ€ and one is not usable. This is for a phone cable so I guess they figure you could just split it in half. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Redsy Re: A Complete Conduit System? - 01/04/02 02:46 AM
Was it shot down, or did it pass?
Posted By: electure Re: A Complete Conduit System? - 01/04/02 12:47 PM
Split the cable in half? (Well, they generally do say it's in "pairs") [Linked Image]

Nick, Is the PVC a violation if the column's going to be wrapped, or in part of a wall?
(Yes, it sure needs some straps)
Posted By: Nick Re: A Complete Conduit System? - 01/05/02 01:17 AM
No it has not been accepted yet. It probably will though considering the picture in my other post was bought off yesterday.
In my opinion it is a violation of 518-4(a) and 518-4(c). (The paragraph before the FPN)
This column gets framed around and dry walled but it is open at the top to a plenum ceiling.
518-4(b) has me a little confused though. This building has a few 1 hour fire corridors and one two hour. Does that make it โ€œof fire rated construction?โ€

Oh! Also 347-8 and table 347-8
Posted By: Hookman Re: A Complete Conduit System? - 02/18/02 09:34 AM
ok it must just be the resolution but what kinda fitting is that between the pvc and flex? from my veiw it looks like a normal pvc coupler but with flex glued in the top end. and were are they sellin straps these days? must be a war shortage or somethin.
Posted By: Nick Re: A Complete Conduit System? - 02/18/02 11:55 PM
Yes, it is the resolution. To their credit it is a F.A with a flex connector screwed into it.
BTW. This was covered up never to be thought about again. It was addressed but never corrected. If I have to do work like this to compete, I'll do something else. [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums