ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Approved Terminations? - 09/27/01 04:20 AM
[Linked Image]

These connections were behind the flush mounted dryer receptacle. They fed 2 240 volt AC receptacles run on the surface in NM-B cables. This is 12-2 NM-B.

[Linked Image]

This is the receptacle end of the AC outlet fed from the dryer circuit.

[Linked Image]

This was fed by a 20 amp 12-3 NM-B. The splice was buried without a box behind the sheetrock. It fed 2 duplex receptacles wired with 14-2, one on each circuit.

- Jim M.
Posted By: sparky Re: Approved Terminations? - 09/27/01 10:01 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tom Re: Approved Terminations? - 09/28/01 12:24 AM
I think this installer learned his trade here in WV. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

That translucent receptacle box in the middle picture is kinda cute, what did it start out life as?

[This message has been edited by Tom (edited 09-27-2001).]
Posted By: sparky Re: Approved Terminations? - 09/28/01 12:47 AM
I like the last picture's grounding conductor termination technique, obviously some engineering went into it's design due to the flexibility needed of a flying splice.
Posted By: Jim M Re: Approved Terminations? - 09/28/01 03:53 AM
This guy could not even figure out his color codes. The 3 wire fed 2 duplex receptacles. Yes he had 2 whites on the device, one was hot.
Posted By: sparky66wv Re: Approved Terminations? - 09/28/01 05:30 AM
One would almost have to be a pro in order to know what mistakes to make on purpose at this magnitude! (did that make sense?)

Wow!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: pauluk Re: Approved Terminations? - 09/28/01 07:05 AM
Different receptacles, different wire connectors, and different color codes, but otherwise it's very similar to a lot of the mess I get to sort out here.

That splice on the ground wires looks all too familiar.
Posted By: Jim M Re: Approved Terminations? - 09/29/01 03:23 AM
Maybe this is caused by drinking your beer warm? LOL
© ECN Electrical Forums