ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Hot Sign! - 07/28/01 10:33 PM
[Linked Image]
My cheap camera couldn't catch the truth here. I plugged one probe of my tester into the dirt, and the other probe to the case of this 25' sign. Read 89 volts! Found it barefooted while getting out of my truck. Yow! The grass has died right around the base....

Scott (Electure)
Posted By: sparky Re: Hot Sign! - 07/28/01 11:58 PM
did you feel a tingle??
Posted By: Tom Re: Hot Sign! - 07/29/01 03:58 PM
Scott,

I believe you told us on another thread that you were a native Californian.

You sound more like a Mountaineer with that barefooted stuff. [Linked Image]

This is similar to the method I use to troubleshoot underground mobile home feeders, if there is grass growing in the middle of melted snow in Winter, dig here, if grass is dead in middle of green patch during the summer, dig here.
Posted By: electure Re: Hot Sign! - 07/29/01 09:53 PM
Yes, Quite the tingle. Owner says it's OK though. I'm calling code enforcement.
A real cool memory:
Working in Beverly Hills. Service truck had half the RF fender missing. I was wearing camo T-shirt & Bib overalls, had the sidewalk covered w/ fixtures as I installed "Bodine - #B90" Emergency Packs (as in Jethro). All noses were held veryhigh in the air as folks passed by. I loved it, just wish I'd brought one of the chickens from home with me. My daydreams were great that day.

Never said I was a sophisticated Californian.
Posted By: sparky Re: Hot Sign! - 07/29/01 10:17 PM
lol!

of course anyone asking directions gets the
"can't get there from here" response

[Linked Image]
Posted By: electure Re: Hot Sign! - 07/29/01 11:48 PM
"Oh, Milburne. It's that dreadful electrician again!" [Linked Image]
And still didn't cut it! City of BH requires a total system (ie UPS) to supply E/M, Exits, etc. No self-powered units. Rewired all the darn things again!
& I'm still laughing

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 07-29-2001).]
Posted By: Theelectrikid Re: Hot Sign! - 10/14/04 12:50 AM
Do you guys know some scientists believe that energy generated in/by the earth is creating crop circles?????
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Hot Sign! - 10/14/04 02:54 AM
Crop circles in Beverly Hills?. [Linked Image]
Posted By: twh Re: Hot Sign! - 10/14/04 03:54 AM
Do you guys know some scientists believe that energy generated in/by the earth is creating crop circles?
I thought it was already established that they were made by martians, as a prank. When you travel all that way, you just gotta do something memorable.
Posted By: electure Re: Hot Sign! - 10/14/04 11:52 AM
Crop circles in Beverly Hills?.

some scientists

[Linked Image]

Well, sure!! The scientist is driving the truck! [Linked Image]
Posted By: e57 Re: Hot Sign! - 10/15/04 12:17 AM
Scott, I know first hand that driving barefoot is illegal in our state. Found out after surfing and changing my cloths while driving on I-5 and got pulled over. Only got busted due to the not having shoes or a seat belt on. And the only reason I was pulled over was the seat belt.

So, anyway did you lean up against this pole, or just admiring the landscaping?
© ECN Electrical Forums