ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin More Clearance - 06/02/01 01:59 AM
[Linked Image]
As you can probably tell by now, lack of proper working clearance is one of my pet peeves. Wish I could say that the plumber caused this, but the electrician was the last one in.

Tom
Posted By: sparky Re: More Clearance - 06/07/01 12:39 AM
Tom;
You certainly would not like the chain of convience stores i maintain.
My original service call to one consisted of almost a hour to finally find a sub-panel ( for the fuel submersibles) under a counter, behind a wall of junk.
On further investigation ( other calls) i have found most of the chain wired this way
( and it's not bonded back to the MDP either!)

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tom Re: More Clearance - 06/07/01 09:33 PM
Sparky,

I've got to tell you that I am constantly amazed that there are so few electrocutions and electrical fires.

Someday, one of those panels buried in a junk pile is going to start a nice toasty fire and maybe they'll let you wire the new building. I know they won't let you move the panel.

Tom
Posted By: sparky Re: More Clearance - 06/09/01 02:11 AM
Every now and then a customer, usually living or working in a very poorly wired enviroment will ask me if it's "safe".

As "safe" is a relative term the answer is not always easy. I have tried handouts, referals, disasterous examples etc, none of which has the effect of touting the local fire department's abilities.
[Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums