ECN Forum
Posted By: JoeKP Heavy-Duty Chrome-Plated Wirenut - 12/18/09 02:20 AM
LOL!
found another good one [Linked Image from thereifixedit.files.wordpress.com]

http://thereifixedit.com/2009/12/13/heavy-duty-chrome-plated-wirenut/
Posted By: aussie240 Re: Heavy-Duty Chrome-Plated Wirenut - 12/19/09 01:51 AM
Setup for the photo to stir up a few reactions is my opinion... bit like the well known pic of the power board floating in a swimming pool. If you were short of a wire nut the obvious thing to do is twist the wires together and cover with tape.
Posted By: JoeKP Re: Heavy-Duty Chrome-Plated Wirenut - 12/19/09 02:12 AM
Originally Posted by aussie240
Setup for the photo to stir up a few reactions is my opinion... bit like the well known pic of the power board floating in a swimming pool. If you were short of a wire nut the obvious thing to do is twist the wires together and cover with tape.

i see, but what if the guy was out of tape?
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Heavy-Duty Chrome-Plated Wirenut - 12/20/09 01:40 AM
Curious as to what/where the white/black splice in the vise grip goes? single phase, 2 wire pull out w/grd & all that are necessary are accounted for. Aussie may be on the right track, a setup pic.
Posted By: JoeKP Re: Heavy-Duty Chrome-Plated Wirenut - 12/20/09 01:48 AM
Originally Posted by HotLine1
Curious as to what/where the white/black splice in the vise grip goes? single phase, 2 wire pull out w/grd & all that are necessary are accounted for. Aussie may be on the right track, a setup pic.

i agree, lol
Posted By: petey_c Re: Heavy-Duty Chrome-Plated Wirenut - 12/23/09 01:54 PM
JoeKP, You beat me to it. That website has some pretty funny stuff. Some of it ingenious, some of it baffling. The lengths some people will go to avoid doing even simple jobs right. Hope everyone who celebrates has a very Merry Christmas. Pete
Posted By: packrat56 Re: Heavy-Duty Chrome-Plated Wirenut - 12/24/09 06:22 PM
NICE FIND!
Posted By: kale Re: Heavy-Duty Chrome-Plated Wirenut - 12/24/09 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by JoeKP

i see, but what if the guy was out of tape?

What? not even duct tape/cellophane tape/masking tape?
Posted By: Retired_Helper Re: Heavy-Duty Chrome-Plated Wirenut - 12/25/09 01:30 AM
Same site:

Green Chandelier
Posted By: packrat56 Re: Heavy-Duty Chrome-Plated Wirenut - 12/25/09 02:54 AM

Just found it, you have got to be kidding me.

bash
Posted By: Texas_Ranger Re: Heavy-Duty Chrome-Plated Wirenut - 01/01/10 09:34 PM
Ok, now imagine someone who doesn't know anything about electricity uses 100W bulbs instead of the CFLs. 1000W out of the original socket (probably rated 660W or something like that).

Besides, weight seems to be a serious issue there.

And don't even talk about looks...
Posted By: crselectric Re: Heavy-Duty Chrome-Plated Wirenut - 01/10/10 12:23 AM
looks like the neutral connection there and just no neutral marking on the three blacks coming from the LB, if its balanced there wouldnt be any load to ground? whats the prob?
Posted By: wa2ise Re: Heavy-Duty Chrome-Plated Wirenut - 01/12/10 02:02 AM
"But my DIY book shows the use of visegrips for connecting wire"... "Oh, you say that there's a recall?"... laugh
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Heavy-Duty Chrome-Plated Wirenut - 01/25/10 12:34 AM
These chrome plated wirenuts come in handy for other things.

[Linked Image from gfretwell.com]

Let's see how Price Pfister responds to my warranty complaint.
Posted By: NORCAL Re: Heavy-Duty Chrome-Plated Wirenut - 01/25/10 04:15 AM
Originally Posted by gfretwell
These chrome plated wirenuts come in handy for other things.

Let's see how Price Pfister responds to my warranty complaint.

That is what you get for getting a Black & Decker product (AKA Bleak & Dorker)The purveyor of junk such as DeWalt,Porter-Cable, Delta Machinery, Kiwkset,Price-Pfister etc. ... Some of those already were junk when B&D bought them, others such as Porter-Cable, DeWalt were reduced to garbage by B&D. BTW, B&D is being acquired by Stanley.
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Heavy-Duty Chrome-Plated Wirenut - 01/25/10 05:19 AM
I may have had this before B&D bought them. When I first bought it the customer service was very good, sending me a "prototype" cartridge "for well systems" that would give me the government mandated 3 GPM at 40 PSI. I suspect it was just the Canadian cartridge. It did have bigger ports.
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Heavy-Duty Chrome-Plated Wirenut - 02/05/10 06:32 AM
Just a quick update. Price Pfister sent me a whole new faucet on the warranty. Not too shabby.
© ECN Electrical Forums