ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Landscaper Violations - 06/18/08 07:22 PM
submitted by Joe V.

This is a picture of a junction box in a flower bed area. The landscapers decided to run sprinkler pipe right on top of the box and also buried the box with 4 inches of mulch. We had to run some extra wires cause of the home owner adding extra things right when you think you have all the answers. The fun part of the project was to try to remember where the box is buried and how do I get the cover off and work on it.

This would really make you want to put a hurt on someone. I know I did.

[Linked Image from electrical-photos.com]

This is a picture of a weather proof GFI outlet by a pool filter. We can not open the cover all the way and it's very hard if anyone wants to plug anything into it and really hard to service.

The landscapers were setting transformer posts next to one of our outlet to plug into to power the low voltage lights around the pool.

Think they could of set it off to the side a few more inches. The cord on the transformer is a few feet long. Transformer is opposite of the outlet, just above the picture.

[Linked Image from electrical-photos.com]
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Landscaper Violations - 06/18/08 09:56 PM
Not being a wise guy, but a sawzall would solve both these problems quite easily.

Posted By: noderaser Re: Landscaper Violations - 06/19/08 01:19 AM
All that would do is piss off the homeowner. Better route would be to show the homeowner why those things are wrong, and have him contact the landscaper. That's assuming the homeowner is the sort who might actually care.
Posted By: Theelectrikid Re: Landscaper Violations - 06/23/08 04:55 PM
Pics are tragic, but I have to agree with John. I think I'd want to kill the landscaper too, probably wouldn't be worth asking him about it, if they're that dumb.

Speaking of sawzalls...

Sawzall, $119
Metal blades, $10
Ten minutes time for sewer guys to cut a hole in a neighbor's vinyl fence put up over a manhole, $10
Look on homeowner's face, PRICELSS.

Ian A.
Posted By: Zapped Re: Landscaper Violations - 06/24/08 01:59 PM
Oh boy, don't get me started on the landscaper thing. Actually, consider yourself lucky that this is all they got their hands on...
Posted By: bigpapa Re: Landscaper Violations - 09/07/08 06:36 AM
Bad workmanship from the start. Box should never have been below the possible and therefore probable soil grade.
© ECN Electrical Forums