ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Office Violations - 01/09/08 08:02 PM
Here are a few more code violations I found at my dad's office when we were remodeling.

The picture of the thermostat connected the heater there is a 240 volt circuit that had a heating unit installed previously to this one.

The J-box that I opened looked worse when it had three, 6-AWG wires which was an old range circuit that remained from when the place was a restaurant.

At least some one had enough sense to install a ground wire for the circuits on the ENT run and one outlet.

The other J-box picture is an unsupported box with NM cable coming out of it in the panel ceiling in the finished part of the basement.

T.S.

[Linked Image from electrical-photos.com]

Posted By: EV607797 Re: Office Violations - 01/09/08 08:49 PM
Hence, my signature line........
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Office Violations - 01/13/08 10:37 PM
Oooh I like those 3M T/R wirenuts! Throw the rest of this away....
Posted By: wa2ise Re: Office Violations - 01/15/08 10:38 PM
Wonder how many AHJ's end up in an office in town hall with violations like this, but can't get their employer town to spend the money to correct them...
Posted By: ShockMe77 Re: Office Violations - 01/24/08 06:25 AM
Boy, that's a cute little connector they're using for the smurf tube.
Posted By: Elviscat Re: Office Violations - 01/24/08 08:15 AM
I could almost swear it's a half inch PVC TA!
Posted By: electure Re: Office Violations - 01/24/08 03:14 PM
At least some one had enough sense to install a ground wire for the circuits on the ENT run and one outlet.

Is the box grounded at all? There doesn't appear to be an EGC in either of the PVC conduits. shocked
Posted By: Texas_Ranger Re: Office Violations - 01/24/08 07:22 PM
I do see one coming from the right, and a second one, most likely from the left.
© ECN Electrical Forums