ECN Forum
Posted By: electure A Cord at Camp - 01/19/07 11:40 PM
Here's a link to a video that Jraef found.

Temporary Cords

counted 178 “flip flop sounds”, which if they represent 2 feet per step, makes the linear distance no less than 350’, not counting the twists, turns and scaling of poles. On what appeared to be at best, 16ga wire, I am surprised that one tent pitched on top of the wire didn’t end up on fire!

Member Jraef
Posted By: pauluk Re: A Cord at Camp - 01/21/07 01:56 PM
What's the allowable voltage-drop at full-load again? [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: renosteinke Re: A Cord at Camp - 01/21/07 08:11 PM
"Roughing it" isn't what it used to be!
Posted By: napervillesoundtech Re: A Cord at Camp - 01/24/07 05:12 AM
but, but, but counselor! I needed a way to power my iPod, radio, alarm clock, espresso maker, air conditioner, plasma TV, DVD player, laptop computer, cable modem, router, blender, refridgerator, electric grill, bug zapper, fan, and those 19 lights I brought with the 500 watt halogen bulbs. Its not my fault the forest isn't wired for electricity!

That probably would have been me in the "wild" when I was younger [Linked Image]
Posted By: frenchelectrican Re: A Cord at Camp - 01/24/07 11:42 PM
jezz there is too many connection and very light gauge cord running there.

and the other thing kinda hard to see but seems like they did not use the GFCI at all on this cord set up that is very spooky there

Merci, Marc
Posted By: techie Re: A Cord at Camp - 01/25/07 03:41 AM
I remember 25 years ago at scout camp, a couple of the guys in my troop brought a clock-radio, and a desk lamp for their tent.. they brought 50 or 100 feet of cable, but the latrine was a bit too far away..

being the resourceful scouts they were, they plugged the clock-radio and lamp into a convenient tennis shoe.
Posted By: napervillesoundtech Re: A Cord at Camp - 01/25/07 04:12 AM
This kinda reminds me of a camp-like experience I get once a year. Every year a group of people from my church travels to some under privledged area to do home repair. The last 2 years I have gone, it has been 350-400 guys all sleeping on the floor of some high school gym. The one we were in in 2006 had 2 outlets, each on a 15 amp breaker. I brought with a couple road cases of stage cabling I use with my sound company and was able to take care of this in a safe manner. (i'll try to find some pictures). The challenge is keeping the women happy when they realize that they cannot plug 6 hairdryers (each drawing 1800 watts) into a 6 outlet power strip.
Posted By: mxslick Re: A Cord at Camp - 01/25/07 04:55 AM
So this one time, at electrical camp.... [Linked Image]

I do remember in the prehistoric days of my youth, some similar cord chains just to get a light and radio on in a tent....

I also remembered my buddy getting knocked on his hind parts when he grabbed a wet and damaged cord!
Posted By: napervillesoundtech Re: A Cord at Camp - 01/25/07 06:25 AM
So this one time, at electrical camp....

Funniest thing i've heard in a long time.
© ECN Electrical Forums