ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Guam Resort Park - 01/06/07 04:16 PM
I took these photos in a supposed "Resort Park" in the middle of nowhere in southern Guam a few weeks ago that consists of a child's train, a child's chair ride, a gondola to some waterfalls and a shooting range. Guam is a US territory and just about everything else I saw on the island was quality NEC work, so don't mistake this for a 3rd world country- this particular place just had shoddy work plain and simple. The 3 boxes are at the bottom of the hill by the waterfall and provide power to the lower lift station, the gift shop and the "museum". It would have powered the monorail to a cave where a Japanese soldier hid out for 28 years, too, had the train not fallen off the monorail... I especially liked the bamboo conduit in the upper lift house!

Google Map

- SteveFehr
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 01-06-2007).]
Posted By: Admin Re: Guam Resort Park - 01/06/07 04:27 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: SteveFehr Re: Guam Resort Park - 01/06/07 08:31 PM
Thanks Webmaster [Linked Image] I think you got the cutout switch box photos rotated though- they were on a wall just about the right height to stick your fingers up into the bottom one, but too tall to turn any of them off. (As you can see by the bottom of the wooden roof beside them. Hey, at least they used hurricane clips!)

[This message has been edited by SteveFehr (edited 01-06-2007).]
Posted By: gideonr Re: Guam Resort Park - 01/06/07 09:31 PM
Well, the water will drain out of them.

Like the flex conduit set in concrete. And the thin unprotected wire from the emergency off switch...
Posted By: SteveFehr Re: Guam Resort Park - 01/06/07 09:50 PM
I'm upset we didn't think to take photos of the PVC handrails- 1.5" SCH40 PVC pipe, supported 10' OC with 1.5" SCH40 PVC pipe stuck in the dirt. But don't worry- I'm sure it was completely ADA compliant, surely they wouldn't let people walk that close to a cliff if it wasn't!

I'm told we were lucky, as the waterfalls are all but dry 8 months out of the year. I wonder if they STILL try to charge $20 a head to see them?
Posted By: Admin Re: Guam Resort Park - 01/07/07 01:40 AM
I think you got the cutout switch box photos rotated though- they were on a wall just about the right height to stick your fingers up into the bottom one, but too tall to turn any of them off.
OOOPs!

Sorry about that. You had them the right way and I rotated them thinking that was groundcover in the background and they were mounted face up on a sidewalk. [Linked Image]

I think I've got them right now ...

[Linked Image]
Bill

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 01-06-2007).]
© ECN Electrical Forums