Posted By: Trumpy Pics from Sparky 134 - 12/16/06 03:04 AM
I'll get Bill to explain the pics below:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Take it away Bill....
Posted By: sparky 134 Re: Pics from Sparky 134 - 12/16/06 12:41 PM
Working on a kitchen remodel and as I go down to the basement I find the panel. The sump pit is located directly in front of the panel. The plumbing inspector allowed the plumbing contractor to install his drain/vent piping directly in front of the panel.

As you can see by the photos, one needs to stand over the sump pit, reach around the plumbing lines to work on the panel.

When I talked to the homeowner about this he said, "The plumbing inspector said it was OK." Too bad the electrical inspector wasn't on site for that inspection...
Posted By: Rewired Re: Pics from Sparky 134 - 12/16/06 06:20 PM
Its bad enough the sump pit is right in front of the panel, but I guess a nice wooden platform with an access door to the pit would keep ya from falling in the pit AND keep you off the concrete if you are working in the panel.
That plumbing on the otherhand... Not acceptable.. If that were my house and I found a plumber did that they would not get paid until it was done correct.

A.D
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Pics from Sparky 134 - 12/16/06 07:10 PM
This is seriously just mindless [Linked Image] Imagine the fury we'd get if we had run conduit blocking access to a sewer cleanout or one of the service hatches behind a shower..
© ECN Electrical Forums