ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Plumber or Electrician?? - 06/21/06 02:55 AM
I took these a couple of years ago at a motel I was staying in.

I guess the town wasn't big enough for an electrician and a plumber so they opted for the plumber.

Alan Nadon
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mamills Re: Plumber or Electrician?? - 06/21/06 04:21 AM
Alan: This was a place you stayed at?

I'm glad you got out safely... [Linked Image]

Mike (mamills)
Posted By: mahlere Re: Plumber or Electrician?? - 06/21/06 12:32 PM
I honestly don't see any problems. I mean, they used wirenuts, so it's safe right [Linked Image]
Posted By: rad74ss Re: Plumber or Electrician?? - 06/21/06 01:04 PM
It's only considered safe if all of the wire nuts are pointing up. Otherwise all of the rain gets in.
Posted By: mahlere Re: Plumber or Electrician?? - 06/21/06 01:11 PM
now that you mention it, i sorta remember that question being on the licensing test. I think I got it wrong though.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Plumber or Electrician?? - 06/22/06 12:36 AM
Wow!,
Imagine all them lovely sharp edges inside them pipe joints. [Linked Image]
Alan,
Is that box actually fastened to the wall?.
Judging by the marks on the side of it, this box has been "recycled".
BTW, is there a valve below that turns the supply on and off?. [Linked Image]
Posted By: JCooper Re: Plumber or Electrician?? - 06/22/06 03:53 AM
i doesn't appear the installer taped the threads, is it possible for the electrons to leak out?
Posted By: Rewired Re: Plumber or Electrician?? - 06/22/06 08:22 PM
1. Payday is Wednesday...
2. "Crap" flows downhill...
3. Do NOT put your fingers in your mouth...

The above mentioned are the 3 rules told to me by pipefitter on "how to be a plumber"....

( Sorry I am just poking fun at the plumbers, as they do to us sparkies, no offence meant by any means [Linked Image] )

I don't know what to say, thats a priceless picture, I really like the way the grounds are just hanging around and the fine job the person did with the " ball 'O neutrals" in that split bolt...
Hmm, I wonder if he had a good time trying to get all them wires around that elbow at the top of that enclosure, or whats left of it [Linked Image]

A.D

[This message has been edited by Rewired (edited 06-22-2006).]
Beautiful split bolt on the neutrals. Could have used more spliceing tape for a secure connection. As I usually say Yuck, What a mess. Cannot belive that after living with electricity for over a hunmdred years we still find hazardus and foolish wireing in this day and age.
Posted By: stedder Re: Plumber or Electrician?? - 07/05/06 02:15 AM
if these customers didn't have alot of money, this is a run away job (literally)
Posted By: Theelectrikid Re: Plumber or Electrician?? - 07/07/06 04:11 PM
That looks more like a meter enclosure box to me, with that down-flap on the top.

Ian A.
Posted By: NORCAL Re: Plumber or Electrician?? - 07/08/06 12:21 AM
For whatever its worth, the box looks like a old "General Switch" cheapie A/C disco.
Posted By: Luketrician Re: Plumber or Electrician?? - 07/09/06 07:08 AM
Well heck Farrr! Did they even use that white teflon tape on the threads? Those electrons could be leaking by, that isn't very efficient! "DERP"

Gotta love those fitters', LOL on the above "rules for being a fitter'" :P
© ECN Electrical Forums