ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Brooks Box Planter - 10/16/05 08:09 PM
During a recent remodel of a high-end gated community clubhouse we ran across this beauty. It's a Brooks box that feeds the parking/site lighting. Not only is it being used as a "planter", a piece of extension cord, and romex were tapped in the box. The romex led to a receptacle, without box, lying behind the bushes.... and no, we couldn't find the cover to the brooks box.

- Shannon
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Brooks Box Planter - 10/16/05 09:56 PM
Must've been one of those memo's to the maintenance team exclaiming "the board will be driving through here tonight, do whatever to get the xmas lights in the shrubs and trees working...."

was this located near any walkways? if so there were likely a few puddles that'd give you a strange tingling feeling when you walk by [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: Dave T Re: Brooks Box Planter - 10/17/05 03:20 AM
What's the problem. At least they pained it red didn't they? They should get a few points for that.
Posted By: Tesla Re: Brooks Box Planter - 10/17/05 05:07 AM
Everything worked until you showed up.

Picky, picky, picky...

Next spring no one will know the differnce.
Posted By: mamills Re: Brooks Box Planter - 10/17/05 02:19 PM
Silly me. I only have a water meter in the bottom of the Brooks Box outside my house. [Linked Image]

At our local little league ballpark, there is such a box installed a few feet away from the pitcher's mound, for the purpose of plugging in an electric pitching machine. The bad thing about it is that the box (and the connector within) are almost always filled with water and mud. No way on earth I would even think of using that thing. [Linked Image]

Mike (mamills)
© ECN Electrical Forums