ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Outdoor Market Wiring - 02/29/04 06:11 PM
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Just a few from Boston's Haymarket every weekend.

Joe Tedesco
Posted By: electure Re: Outdoor Market Wiring - 02/29/04 07:26 PM
Juicy California Lemons!
These are nearly a plague. We get so many that we can't pick them fast enough this time of year.
The place looks like a mess, Joe.
Have you reported this?
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Outdoor Market Wiring - 02/29/04 09:24 PM
Joe, in the 5th image, are "Cheese & (So}ld Outs" some sort of local delicacy?
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Outdoor Market Wiring - 02/29/04 11:00 PM
Bjarney,

My bet would be on 'Cold Cuts'

[Linked Image]
Bill
Posted By: iwire Re: Outdoor Market Wiring - 02/29/04 11:17 PM
I doubt Joe can report this to anyone that is not already aware of it.

This is so close to Boston's City Hall, home of Boston's Inspections Department it would be hard to believe they do not know the conditions. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: Outdoor Market Wiring - 02/29/04 11:18 PM
Cold Cuts it is and they recently changed all of their cords, but as far as the wiring it is the same every week.

The Mayor can see this place from his window and the inspection department is not nearby and probably are aware of the situation? Ina this areoua yoouse coould geet yoo legs brokeen!!
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Outdoor Market Wiring - 03/01/04 02:14 AM
“Cold Cuts.” Of course. [But sometimes you can find a lotta’ weird stuff at a flea market.]

[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 02-29-2004).]
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Outdoor Market Wiring - 03/01/04 05:58 AM
Hey Joe....
Isn't there a permit process involved somewhere in that thing being setup? This all appears to be setup on a public sidewalk if Im not mistaken... Fire Marshall Bill pass this?
Posted By: mamills Re: Outdoor Market Wiring - 03/01/04 02:35 PM
Hi Joe;
I'm not really familiar with this sort of thing so I'll ask a silly question, since "weekend" is mentioned: Is this type of market something that stays "up" all the time, or is it taken down and put up each weekend? Obviously, even on a temp basis, this is a very dicey hookup. [Linked Image]

Mike (mamills)
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: Outdoor Market Wiring - 03/01/04 03:47 PM
This is the Haymarket in Boston, MA, and the vegetable and fruit stands are put up, and taken down every weekend.

I am not sure who is responsible for the permits process and inspections. The FD may have control over the market. I will inquire.

Maybe someone can take the time to search on the ECN site to show the stand where the vendor threw a "Potato" at me when I took a picture of the wiring there!
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Outdoor Market Wiring - 03/01/04 03:58 PM
Joe, I think you are referring to https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001237.html

I was thinking, though—better having to dodge a flying three-day-old potato than a three-day-old fish(!)

[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 03-01-2004).]
© ECN Electrical Forums