ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Dishwasher Outlet (More Fun Part 2) - 07/10/04 03:08 AM
Was going to add an extension box & MC cable to move this outlet to get rid of a power strip that was running a dishwasher... then I found this......

There's a pic of my helper that followed me around all day also [Linked Image]

-Randy
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: e57 Re: Dishwasher Outlet (More Fun Part 2) - 07/10/04 08:52 AM
You stole my best helper!
Posted By: pauluk Re: Dishwasher Outlet (More Fun Part 2) - 07/10/04 04:54 PM
Yep.... Cats are far more intelligent than a lot of humans in my experience.
Posted By: John Steinke Re: Dishwasher Outlet (More Fun Part 2) - 07/10/04 11:13 PM
At least you don't have the NYC problem of rats eating the romex!
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Dishwasher Outlet (More Fun Part 2) - 07/11/04 02:10 PM
If only he could've pulled that outlet out from behind the drawers that were completely in my way... I would've added him to payroll [Linked Image]

John... I've come across that a couple times... documented here https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000594.html

-Randy
Posted By: DougW Re: Dishwasher Outlet (More Fun Part 2) - 07/12/04 02:32 AM
At first I thought it might be the old (ancient) NM cable, with the fraying fabric visible in the pics... then I scrolled down.

Yikes!

Don't think that that box was quite designed for that application.

(At least it was in a box [Linked Image] )

Love yer help!
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Dishwasher Outlet (More Fun Part 2) - 07/12/04 10:32 PM
Doug,
Whoever remodeled that kitchen had something major against grounding anything! In the first "More Fun" posted in here are his kitchen island outlets... no ground there either! Not to mention being tapped off the old electric range ckt & still on the old 50A 2P breaker! [Linked Image]

-Randy
© ECN Electrical Forums