ECN Forum
Posted By: electure Test Everything - Always - Every Time - Yes - 12/14/04 01:05 AM
You never know what you might come across.
I wouldn't want to be some poor soul on the other end of this. Don't take anything for granted.

Submitted by NORCAL

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
His business card is in the bottom of the panel, but we must protect the identity of the guilty as well as the innocent [Linked Image], another thing that is a problem is a lack of circuit directories in the panels.
I like the old saying, "The names are not changed (or are posted in this case) because God protects the innocent" [Linked Image]

Roger
OUCH!!!

Do we see at least two breakers with green wires tapped off them???

Hopefully they are re-identified at the other end?!?!?!

DIY'er? Or, colorblind person did the wiring?

"Green only as grounding conductor"-what is the code article? 310.12 Conductor Identification (C) Ungrounded Conductors? ("...shall be... clearly distinguishable from grounded and grounding conductors.")
I only saw the panel end of that circuit it was done by a GC during a remuddling.
Rollie,
There's not a lot of space between the breaker terminals and the Neutral Busbar.
Mind you, this picture just proves that those that usually use hammers, shouldn't use screwdrivers. [Linked Image]
Why must we protect the identity of the guilty? As a homeowner, I'd like to know who NOT to call. I say post the business card- how else will things change?
I do not think the webmaster would look to kindly to doing that.
chimo,
I say post the business card- how else will things change?
Oh things would change alright!, for the worst. [Linked Image]
There's all sorts of legal ramifications to doing a thing like that.
Here's another pic from NORCAL showing the path to even get to this panel.

[Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums