ECN Forum
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Exposed Live Wires at Street Light Poles - 02/20/05 12:05 PM
Exposed Live Wires at Street Light Poles

[Linked Image]
Don't touch the metal conduit, call the street lighting department instead!

[Linked Image]
Wow, it looks like its been used as a trash can too, I see cigarette, paper. That looks scarey~~~did anyone call the city to tell them of this? All it would need is some poor dog to lift his leg right there, or some curious little kid passing by...
Posted By: wa2ise Re: Exposed Live Wires at Street Light Poles - 02/27/05 01:00 AM
Shouldn't there be in there a pig tailed light bulb socket used incorrectly as an edison screw in fuse holder? Seen that done in New York City streetlight bases. [Linked Image]
Posted By: mamills Re: Exposed Live Wires at Street Light Poles - 02/27/05 03:37 AM
Bad/exposed wiring not withstanding, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near this rusted-out base if there's a heavy streetlight pole attached to it [Linked Image].

Mike (mamills)
The hole in the right side of the green base looks like something arced its way throught that base! [Linked Image] What was that I remember about metal things in NYC streets being electrified???
I just saw the same thing in Atlanta Ga on the GA TECH campus on 4 light poles in a row!
It's kinda funny because I was in Atlanta to take my Ga class 2 electrical exam when I noticed it
Chris Simms
[Linked Image]
It wouldn't surprise me if they was a "TRASH CAN" sign with an arrow pointing down to that base.
Ian A.
It wouldn't surprise me if they was a "TRASH CAN" sign with an arrow pointing down to that base.
I would; if there were a sign, there wouldn't be any trach there.
Posted By: :andy: Re: Exposed Live Wires at Street Light Poles - 05/29/05 02:52 AM
been to san francisco recently and seen a lot of missing traffic light covers. seems nobody cares...
© ECN Electrical Forums