ECN Forum
Posted By: Joe Tedesco How many violations can you find? - 11/20/04 12:45 PM
[Linked Image from nachi.org]

[Linked Image from nachi.org]

Courtesy: www.nachi.org
Posted By: NORCAL Re: How many violations can you find? - 11/20/04 04:07 PM
Is it a split buss panel? It appears to be one but my monitor leaves much to be desired,if it is it would explain the main lug kit instead of a breaker,but I count 5 mains. Some of the most obvious violations are: double lugged conductor and unprotected also.The SE cable below the main lugs, I assume is supplying another panel?

The "workmanship" and the "quality" of the panel go well together : Very poor,the damage at least will mean that it has to go.

PS 384-16 (a) all the way back to the 1965 NEC says no more than 2 mains in a panelboard, the change occured in that edition,but there was some tweaking of the exceptions over the years since.
Posted By: Sir Arcsalot Re: How many violations can you find? - 11/20/04 04:23 PM
Are those ZZZZZINSMOKE breakers? If so, not a technical violation but a serious potential hazard nonetheless.

Just my opinion.
Posted By: electricman2 Re: How many violations can you find? - 11/20/04 05:27 PM
It is I believe a split-bus panel used as service equipment. The 5 mains is not a violation but the taps to the main lugs are and may have contributed to their demise. Looks like some conductors enter through KO's without connectors too.
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: How many violations can you find? - 11/20/04 05:46 PM
What about the egg's, would twisting them altogether be ok and all set into one lug?
Posted By: DougW Re: How many violations can you find? - 11/20/04 11:30 PM
Nice weldage...
© ECN Electrical Forums