ECN Forum
[Linked Image from nachi.org]
This AC guy needs to learn a lesson. I would tell the owner that we have to cut the pipe (mandatory) to access. Tell the AC guy to reroute the damn thing.
I would just turn around and walk out the front door.
How'd they get the cover off?? Or was it on to begin with?

If we cut the duct out of the way, can we avoid derating conductors with the A/C blowing into the panel? [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

-Randy
Code violations aside, you'd think that common sense would have told the guy running the ducting not to do this.

Oh wait a minute.... Common sense is now an endangered species, isn't it? [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 05-23-2004).]
To be honest it beggars belief that anyone could be so pig ignorant as to run pipework right over the access to an electric panel, unfortunately I have seen the same thing many times, we can only assume that these people had the common sense knocked out of them at an early age ( if indeed they had any to begin with ) [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Ever Ready (edited 05-23-2004).]
A 40 year old, first year apprentice told me once, if sense was common everybody would have it
id say arrest and convict the HVac tech on this one for stupidity.
How long has it been like that? That panel is a early to late 1970's I-T-E panel.
© ECN Electrical Forums