ECN Forum
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Don't Worry I Won't Let The Ladder Fall! - 12/22/03 11:12 PM
Two Goofy Dudes!!

[Linked Image from safetycenter.navy.mil]

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 12-20-2004).]
Nice aluminum ladder.... [Linked Image]
Posted By: crash Re: Don't Worry I Won't Let The Ladder Fall! - 12/22/03 11:33 PM
At least it won't be a hard landing if he should fall, unless he lands on the other guys head.
He should be wearing swim trunks just in case. [Linked Image]
...unless he lands on the other guys head...
or on the ladder for that matter...
Still, _nothing_ tops the pic of the guy standing on a metal ladder drilling above a pool... was one of the very first pictures I saw here.
Flash Back!!

[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 05-01-2005).]
Yeah, these two really kick in!
Posted By: Big Jim Re: Don't Worry I Won't Let The Ladder Fall! - 12/24/03 07:38 AM
Is that fixture protected by a ground (water) fault breaker?
Posted By: rizer Re: Don't Worry I Won't Let The Ladder Fall! - 01/06/04 08:08 AM
at least he's wearing his safety glasses
Posted By: wa2ise Re: Don't Worry I Won't Let The Ladder Fall! - 01/06/04 09:32 PM
I'd rather use a cordless drill... [Linked Image]
Posted By: DougW Re: Don't Worry I Won't Let The Ladder Fall! - 01/07/04 09:42 PM
VIOLATION!!!

They're not wearing their USCG/OSHA approved flotation devices!
at least he's wearing his safety glasses
Naw, those are goggles in case he drops the drill and needs to dive for it... [Linked Image]
Posted By: :andy: Re: Don't Worry I Won't Let The Ladder Fall! - 01/11/04 02:03 AM
the floating receptacle isnt for real, is it????? [Linked Image]

is the "flash back"s clothing telling that he came through the water? [Linked Image]
Posted By: Redsy Re: Don't Worry I Won't Let The Ladder Fall! - 01/15/04 12:44 PM
One too many Margaritas
... Now, I've seen everything!!!!

[This message has been edited by Attic Rat (edited 02-07-2004).]
That dishsoap recept should be in a museum somewhere!!! (Maybe Ripley's!) [Linked Image] That even tops a customer I had trying to test his GFCI Recept by INTENIONALLY throwing a hair dryer in his bath tub, full of water, & plugged in!
He had no clue why the GFCI wouldn't trip & the ocpd would go after a minute or so... That is... Until I informed him he had ABS plumbing & to have a ground fault... You kinda need a path to ground! [Linked Image] I tested his GFCI by connecting a light between hot & ground... It tripped [Linked Image]
There are lots of goofy dudes out there . . .

has anybody got an Idea as to where the last photo was taken , the one with the satellite dish
Thanks
Posted By: :andy: Re: Don't Worry I Won't Let The Ladder Fall! - 02/27/04 07:37 PM
hey, now i got an idea how to reach my dish for re-adjusting [Linked Image]
It's ok... The snow will break his fall! (not to mention what he'll break!) [Linked Image]
Posted By: SvenNYC Re: Don't Worry I Won't Let The Ladder Fall! - 03/03/04 04:09 PM
Good thing there's a trash skip there in that next-to-last picture.

If the ladder starts to fall sideways, just steer it to the left and let the bags of putrid garbage break your fall.

Puts a whole new meaning to the term "WASTE MANAGEMENT" (The owners of the garbage bin). [Linked Image]
Some Sort of New Safety Protocol?

Joe,

I'm typically just a lurker on ECN because I'm an unlicensed, homeowner electrician. Yeah - one of those DIY'ers that most professional sparkys get the shudders over.

Still, the only red tag I ever got was for Fire-stop 'cuz I didn't know about it. My wiring is neat, labeled and properly installed to the point of torquing terminals.

I guarantee that you'd rather work in any panels I've installed rather our old main service panel.

Had I known about ECN, I would have taken a picture of that old rat's nest!

Anyway, I took this picture at a restaurant near where I live. I had my camera on max zoom, but was across the brook in their parking lot. If you look you can see conduit, a j-box and tools on the wall.
[Linked Image]
I especially like the "grounded for safety aluminum ladder".

Is that how we're supposed to work?? [Linked Image]
Rob Russell
I'm sorry, but I just couldn't resist . . .

[This message has been edited by Mean Gene (edited 03-23-2004).]
And the saga continues!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
And continues . . .

Posted By: Bjarney Re: Don't Worry I Won't Let The Ladder Fall! - 04/10/04 01:54 AM
Don't forget the "toothpick" ladder.

[Linked Image from 6l6.net]
what ever works
I wish I had taken my camera with me today. What did I see at a gas station around the corner? A step ladder with another ladder shoved between the top of it and the top step. The workers seemed to be replacing a sign. They had a nice looking crane on a truck that they used to hoist up the sign. Maybe they're still saving up for a bucket truck?
Just when you thought you've seen it all...

[Linked Image from s91748743.onlinehome.us]
Henoch, what the heck is that a picture of?

It looks like someone placing an inflated Spiderman figure atop a building about 50 stories up via a fiberglass extension ladder. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Mean Gene (edited 04-23-2004).]
Nah, that was a poor attempt at "Photoshopping" a picture of Spidey by placing a ladder next to him [Linked Image]
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Don't Worry I Won't Let The Ladder Fall! - 04/25/04 03:27 AM
I was sure it was another set from Southern California Edison’s “On-Location” services.
  • Exteriors : It doesn't matter if you need a small alleyway, a private woody road, or an airport runway, we have the perfect exterior to match the scene.
{Remember the thread about www.sce.com/sc3/008_sales/008d_film_loc/default.htm ?}

[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 04-24-2004).]
From popular TV shows like "CSI," "Boston Public," and the "The Agency" to smash motion picture hits including "Goldmember," "Terminator III ...

Thats just our governor trying to help Edison out of the power fiasco from a few summers back [Linked Image] Only in California!

-Randy
Posted By: walrus Re: Don't Worry I Won't Let The Ladder Fall! - 04/25/04 11:15 AM

I wish I had taken my camera with me today. What did I see at a gas station around the corner? A step ladder with another ladder shoved between the top of it and the top step. The workers seemed to be replacing a sign. They had a nice looking crane on a truck that they used to hoist up the sign. Maybe they're still saving up for a bucket truck?

Sign guys commonly use a ladder that looks like a stepladder with an extension ladder sticking out the top. Its manufactured that way and if I was so lazy I'd try to find a pic. [Linked Image] The only ones I've ever seen were made of wood though. Might be what you saw?
Well, this one definitely was not wood, it looked to be fiberglass. One was red and one was orange. The orange was stuck between the red ladder's steps.

P. S. They apparently were taking the sign down after ownership changed. No new sign as of yet. (Maybe they repo'd the sign?)
Posted By: walrus Re: Don't Worry I Won't Let The Ladder Fall! - 04/27/04 10:46 PM
ThinkGood

Check this site out for what I was thinking of
http://www.lynnladder.com/lynlad/lynlad105.htm
Nah, this was definitely nothing like that. Definitely a "look how much money I sa..aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" type of thing.
© ECN Electrical Forums