ECN Forum
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Unqualified and Bewildered Homeowner!! - 03/18/03 01:53 AM
Watch the baby honey, I've got to go and get a new bulb, my cigar and a cold beer!

[Linked Image]

Honey please reset the breaker, it tripped again!! The baby pulled on the cord again!

[Linked Image]

What person would put their family in so much danger?
Posted By: Elec_VA Re: Unqualified and Bewildered Homeowner!! - 03/18/03 03:00 AM
Eek!

Very very scary! The worst part is that he actually put some time into this mess, and the GFI still isn't level! [Linked Image] To tink someone said "Hey honey, come and look what I just did!"

Scary!
Posted By: SvenNYC Re: Unqualified and Bewildered Homeowner!! - 03/18/03 04:04 AM
That orange extension cord is also missing the grounding pin.

Notice the round hole is up and the cap is oriented down with the flat side opposite where the ground pin should be.

So the whatever-it-is that's on the other end isn't even grounded!! You say it's a pump??? Oh man.....god forbid that thing should ever develop a short-circuit.

What does the user do when they need to use the hairdryer or the electric-shaver? Plug in a triple-tap? [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Incredible!

[This message has been edited by ga.sparky56 (edited 03-17-2003).]
ecrase!!!!!( overwhelmed !!!)) [Linked Image]

i wondering how anyone can be still alive with this kind of crap to engdanger someone who they love the most [Linked Image]

merci marc
Here's the "swag lamp"!!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: SvenNYC Re: Unqualified and Bewildered Homeowner!! - 03/18/03 05:53 PM
Those little rotary cord switches normally used for table lamps and small fans (see first pic) are not waterproof!!

If you touch a live one with a wet hand and water drips into it you WILL get a shock! I don't think you're supposed to use them in bathrooms or any such damp location.
That's the trouble with GFCI's: they allow Darwin candidates more opportunities to reproduce!
At least he didn't install track lighting on the wall (I've seen that!)
Posted By: ThinkGood Re: Unqualified and Bewildered Homeowner!! - 03/19/03 12:27 AM
Topic: Unqualified and Bewildered Homeowner!!

Bewildered? Be Gambling!
Posted By: pauluk Re: Unqualified and Bewildered Homeowner!! - 03/19/03 01:01 AM
Different plug and receptacle styles, but I've seen cords fed through a wall like this to reach a receptacle all too often in England as well. Thea attitude of "Hey, it works all right, so it must be O.K." is alive and well everywhere, I guess. [Linked Image]
Electricity's biggest danger in my mind is that you can do it wrong and it still works!
Help, that one's really hefty!
Imagine that guy standing in the tub trying to switch on his light!
As to cables running through walls: remember my first violations post with the washing machine cord run through the bathroom wall?
Guess you can find such wiring methods everywhere.
© ECN Electrical Forums