ECN Forum
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Typical in non code compliance areas!! - 12/24/02 11:48 AM
[Linked Image]

Something's wrong here for sure!!
Posted By: SvenNYC Re: Typical in non code compliance areas!! - 12/24/02 03:00 PM
That basement looks like it was flooded at one point, just looking at all the stains on the walls and how the rust has practically eaten away at that channel between the boxes.

Is the red and blue new wiring?
WOW! this is scary, accident looking for a place to happen!
joe, is this at a place of buissness? looks to be 3 phase panels.also looks to have been flooded at one time.
Posted By: Dallas Re: Typical in non code compliance areas!! - 12/25/02 04:41 AM
I thought it looked more like smoke damage on the wall. The corroded boxes/enclosures are typical of fire damage, too. See the soot marks on the far left disco?

Dallas
Posted By: AMP Re: Typical in non code compliance areas!! - 12/26/02 06:51 PM
Talk about smoke on the water. Was this ever submerged?
Posted By: mamills Re: Typical in non code compliance areas!! - 12/26/02 10:23 PM
This reminds me of something I saw at the conclusion of a fire that nearly completely destroyed a grocery store. It's interesting that virtually nothing remains of the bottom of the wire gutter.

Joe, can you tell us any more about this picture?

Mike (mamills)
I don't have the full story on this but was informed that it was a fire job. The equipment is not in service and was replaced.
WOW! what a relief. glad this was dead. but you have to wonder how long it might have been used.

[This message has been edited by circuit man (edited 12-26-2002).]
What happened to the fireman who hit the burning boxes with his hose?
joe.did the fire start in another area of the building .looks like heat and smoke damage to me.and some pretty old disconnects switches ,the trough rotted too,.also looks like some of the insulation melted in the disconnects switches from the heat and the wiring shorted to ground.. more info please.....frank
I don't have the full story on this but was informed that it was a fire job.

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 09-10-2003).]
© ECN Electrical Forums