ECN Forum
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Continuous Load for a Hotel Fixture - 10/23/02 08:23 AM
No question on the proper support for the fixture below, when installed in accordance with 410.16.

The question has to do with the load here and what it might be in a hotel.

The supply to this fixture is probably 120 volts, or a combination of circuits to be considered as multiwire branch circuits.

I don't know what the actual load is and wondered if someone could add this information for us to discuss here.

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 02-13-2003).]
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: Continuous Load for a Hotel Fixture - 02/13/03 11:03 PM
[Linked Image]
bonsoir joe:

that is very instering light fixure and i belive they have some kind of transformer to drop voltage to i belive ether 12 or 24 i am not sure and and it have alot of mini light which i know they draw less then 8 watt AT each bulbs for that light fixure i belive it near 400 watts total for drop tube light but also add for other light effets around the fixure and yeah it can be multi curucit there .. if other members have idea about this please do post it here

merci marc
Posted By: Zapped Re: Continuous Load for a Hotel Fixture - 02/15/03 02:33 PM
If I'm seeing this correctly, I ran across several of these type of fixtures working in the old movie theaters out here in California a few years ago. The hanging portions are plastic tubes prewired with either 12VAC or 24VAC (have seen both) mini lamps at three, six, or twelve inch intervals. If I recall correctly, they were made by a company called Tivoli who made much of the accent and isle lighting back in the day (most of the new stuff is made by Tiempo, located out here in Irvine, CA).

Most of my experience with these has been removing them, as service is difficult and costly for the customer, and they tend to pick up alot of dust and filth over time. This service would require nightmare-ish tracing of each tubes lead wires that would terminate into a horrifying cluster of black and white pasta above the ceiling line, and then reinstalling a new tube with equal joy. The customer would usually opt for simply removing the entire cluster when it finally and inevetably started looking tacky...very dirty job.

If I'm not seeing this correctly, then nevermind =)

-S

[This message has been edited by Zapped (edited 02-15-2003).]
© ECN Electrical Forums