ECN Forum
They Are Coming... I have not seen the Official Document yet

http://www.bcelectrician.com/fsrwarning.html

Les I first opened the link in fire fox and it prompted me to download a plug in. After I opened in IE to print the page I understand why fire fox prompted for the plug in all of a sudden pink Floyds "money" started to play laugh
I cannot find anything on the BCSA site nor have i had an Email from them or a letter.

I am hoping some of this can be done online, or though the Open Learning Agency.

I have no idea as to costs.
Hoping this document attach's

Attached File
FSR QA.pdf  (124 downloads)
I hope the trade educational institutes can come up with condensed refresher courses specifically directed to this requirement. I dont think the concept is a bad one, especially when the safety authority doesnt even inspect most contractor installs in my area. Makes you wonder what kind of installs are getting done out there.
More paperwork and overhead.
As to the refresher Courses I bought the CEC CD for 2006 for 325.00 after S&H.
I am constantly referring and searching the rules for what may apply to any particular job.
I see this year the CD is 325.00 plus S&H . I actually use the CD more than the Code Book as i can print off a page or 2 if needed.
Now I see the new Code book is 150.00 it really wasnt that long ago when the CEC ran about 30.00. I guess i should quadruple my rates seeing how CSA can.
Originally Posted by dougwells

Les I first opened the link in fire fox and it prompted me to download a plug in. After I opened in IE to print the page I understand why fire fox prompted for the plug in all of a sudden pink Floyds "money" started to play laugh

Hahahahahha! Me too!

This is a thorn in the side for a small one-man shop such as myself in a somewhat remote location. My customers aren't going to like my new rates.... *cough* rapidly approaching $100/hour *cough*
Stupid question, what's FSR stand for? Is it a BC only thing?
Originally Posted by Eddy Current
Stupid question, what's FSR stand for? Is it a BC only thing?

British Columbia Safety Authority
We can Add 150.00 more a year to keep our FSR status plus the contractors license renewal.
News from BCSA on this subject

NOTICE OF CONSULTATION
BCSA Proposal
for
Electrical Field Safety Representative (FSR) Recertification
September 1, 2009
The BCSA is proposing to institute a requirement that all Class A, B and C Field
Safety Representatives (FSR) must take ongoing education and renew their FSR
certification every three years, i.e., in conjunction with the three-year cycle of the
Canadian Electrical Code.
Details
Read the discussion paper available at www.safetyauthority.ca (see the What’s
New section on the front page)
Consultation meetings
Consultation meetings will be held throughout the province in September and
October. Your local session will be held:
Wednesday, October 21 (6:30pm-8:30pm)
Camosun College, Interurban Campus, Campus Centre Rm 124A
4461 Interurban Road, Victoria, BC
RSVP: Meryl.Claudio@safetyauthority.ca
Feedback