ECN Forum
Posted By: Clyde Electrical contractors in Alberta - 05/30/06 12:37 PM
I'm part of a small electrical contracting company in Southwestern Ontario. It seems lately, everyone I know is running off to Alberta because of the job opportunities there.

I was wondering if anyone is from Alberta and knows what things are like over there as far as electrical contractors are concerned. We are considering moving a part of our organization in that direction.

Is this a good idea bad idea? Any opinions would be tremendously appreciated.

Clyde
Posted By: bill woods Re: Electrical contractors in Alberta - 05/30/06 02:53 PM
Hi clyde, seems weird but i'm from alberta and am currently in s.ont. visiting family. there is lots of work in AB. Central AB is having a boom but there is spin off work from the oil patch almost everywhere. Commercial work always has a slow period in the spring while the ground thaws. Housing is still experiencing strong growth. And of course industrial and oil related growth is very strong. What sector of the industry would you be looking at?
Posted By: GETELECTRIC Re: Electrical contractors in Alberta - 05/30/06 04:31 PM
Hi Clyde
I,m from Kingsville,but that besides,I here it is tough to get men out there and I don,t know how you could bring any from this area
considering how busy it is here.(Union anyways)
Posted By: Clyde Re: Electrical contractors in Alberta - 05/30/06 05:36 PM
In Alberta, we were thinking of focusing mainly on residential wiring. This is simply because the members of our crew who want to go out there prefer residential, but are also experienced and skilled in industrial and commercial. If anyone knows the average rate for billable hours, that would be information greatly appreciated. Please specify if there are differences between Northern, Central and Southern Alberta.
Thanks,
Clyde
© ECN Electrical Forums