ECN Forum

This is your chance to comment on Canadian Electrical Code Part 1 proposed revisions and interpretation issues (subjects) for the 2006' code cycle.

The Part 1 committee refers to each proposed revisions or interpretations as "subjects". Each subject is assigned a subject number e.g. "Subject No.2852". When I receive a Subject I will forward each as an "Adobe Acrobat PDF file".

Please reply with comments regarding the attached Part 1 Subject by December 31st. 2003 '. When replying please indicate agreement or disagreement with the Sub-committee's recommendation

All comments I receive will be forwarded to the Part 1 Committee

Tony Moscioni
Electrical Inspector
Subject 2852

Subject 2897-38

Subject 3043

Subject 3061

Subject 3066

Subject 3094

Subject 3099

Subject 3111

Subject 3132

Subject 3133

Subject 3135

Subject 3136

Subject 3139
Let me think

One of the major issues that should be addressed deals with 28-110 (2)(a) and (b).

It is my understanding that this rule was originally designed for the installation of fire protection systems that wanted to keep a system on line during a fire(sic) that may cause a fuse or breaker to trip in a circumstance.

Now it is used across the spectrum as a "design standard".

Once when I wrote an article for an electrical paper I indicated that "....the code should not be considered a design manual. It is in reality the minimum accepted
standard.

A well..............that was then this is now.........

Doug.....et al
© ECN Electrical Forums