ECN Forum
Posted By: Sullyk Liens - 12/10/09 04:40 AM
I am new to electric talk and was wondering if anyone has experience on filing liens? I am in CO and already have gone the attorney route by paying too much money to handle such a small task. I know if do not file correctly that your lien will be dismissed and I just want to make sure I do it correctly. Any links on getting a mechanics lien and filing correctly or your experience on this issue? Any information will be greatly appreciated! Also, thanks for all the information so far. Sully
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Liens - 12/11/09 02:51 AM
Sully:

Welcome to ECN Forums.

I'm not a legal eagle guy, but someone will jump in!
Posted By: Tesla Re: Liens - 12/11/09 09:50 AM
Liens are always recorded at the County level.

Since each jurisdiction can play by its own rules -- place some phone calls.

The normal situation is standard forms submitted by contractors referencing addresses, owners, permit, scope, etc.

Normally a modest filing fee is due.

Your attorney has almost certainly been using is clerk to handle such routine stuff.
Posted By: kinetic Re: Liens - 12/24/09 07:08 AM
I used to use this company for liens. Been awhile since I have used a lien......changed the type of work I do but when I used them it was about $25.00

http://www.accuratelien.com/
Posted By: RH1 Re: Liens - 01/01/10 02:08 AM
I file my own liens at the county recorder and the total cost is $21. It's very easy and takes only a few minutes. Asking an attorney to file a lien is like asking an electrician to turn on a light switch.
© ECN Electrical Forums