ECN Forum
Posted By: Tiger QuickBooks Premier for Contractors - 11/26/06 07:48 PM
This looks like great software, and interfaces with Microsoft Office.

Is anyone using this with success?

Dave
Posted By: bot540 Re: QuickBooks Premier for Contractors - 11/26/06 09:57 PM
Dave,
I just started using mine and it has been working great.
Posted By: LearJet9 Re: QuickBooks Premier for Contractors - 11/27/06 09:04 PM
That's good to hear. We are getting ready to ugrade and QBooks was one of the three making the final cut. (Con-Est is a close second)
Posted By: neutron Re: QuickBooks Premier for Contractors - 11/28/06 12:19 AM
I just started using Quickbooks also and it has been working out great for me. I'v never used any of the other programs so I don't have anything to compare it to.
Posted By: DYNAMITE Re: QuickBooks Premier for Contractors - 11/28/06 03:24 AM
I've been using it for 4 months and it works great but the Inventory module is kind of weak.
Posted By: ExpressQuote Re: QuickBooks Premier for Contractors - 11/28/06 05:53 AM
Question,

When it comes to doing estimates, is it faster, slower, better or worse than doing it by hand?

I like to estimate while with the customer on the first visit, if possible, would it allow me to do this easily?
Posted By: DYNAMITE Re: QuickBooks Premier for Contractors - 12/01/06 03:00 PM
If you have your Groups and Assemblies set up it should work good for that. I'm still in the process of fine tuning
Posted By: LK Re: QuickBooks Premier for Contractors - 12/01/06 11:09 PM
Tried it it, din't have good inventory flex, and the search for inventory was limited, also going in and out of sections was time consuming, look up features were also poor on search.
After trying just about everything, we found keeping our accounting, estimating and scheduling seperate worked best, QB pro for accounting, national estimator, for estimating, and AyaNova for Workorders and scheduling, the scheduling, and accounting can talk to each other, so this leaves us with one screen to take care of customers from phone call to invoice, and the cost was very light.

[This message has been edited by LK (edited 12-01-2006).]
Posted By: Active 1 Re: QuickBooks Premier for Contractors - 12/03/06 02:43 PM
Did not use it to long. Gave it up for an accountant. I don't know if the contractors eddition was all that different from the standard eddition.
© ECN Electrical Forums