ECN Forum
Posted By: Sparks26 Computer Software - 11/14/06 01:43 AM
I was wondering what kind of computer software you guys use. I was asked to look for some software for bidding residential jobs. Most of the bidding is done by hand then typed up. About the only program I use on a regular basis is Quick Books (not for bidding). I was wondering what everyone uses and if there is any really good software to have that I'm missing out on. Any software that is useful for any aspect I would be interested in taking a look at so please feel free to post away. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Posted By: Tiger Re: Computer Software - 11/14/06 02:05 AM
I use Excel and bid from experience...all residential remodeling. Some more information would be helpful...

Residential remodeling or new construction?
Do you keep records of past bids?

Dave

PS Welcome!
Posted By: bauler Re: Computer Software - 11/14/06 07:15 PM
Check out National Electrical Estimator at:
http://craftsman-book.com/products/info/cbccostbooks.htm

It covers everything, can be used with Quickbooks Pro. Hardly perfect, but a good start. You can download a free fully fuctional 30 day trial. Good luck with your quest.
Posted By: LK Re: Computer Software - 11/14/06 08:26 PM
We also use the craftsman for estimates, and AyaNova for Service Software, they also work together, and both can be tied to Quickbooks Pro.
Posted By: Celtic Re: Computer Software - 11/14/06 09:20 PM
[quote]Check out National Electrical Estimator at: ]http://craftsman-book.com/products/info/cbccostbooks.htm[/quote]

You can get TNE (The National Estimator)at Amazon for $33 (Craftsman wants $57).

I use TNE, Excel and a copy of the "Home Depot Worksite CD" (which is basically TNE, but I can update pricing everyday).

For a smaller business TNE, et al, are fine...once you get into jobs larger than residential and small commercial, you may want something a bit larger.
Posted By: Sparks26 Re: Computer Software - 11/15/06 01:04 AM
Thanks that will give me some ideas and keep me busy if I need that right now. Don't know why but everyone around my area is swamped.
© ECN Electrical Forums