ECN Forum
Posted By: Tiger Flat Rate Revisited - 02/26/06 11:21 PM
We've been though this subject in the past, but for me it's my first year without T&M and I'm happy with the results. I only wish I had set up the pricing sheets in Excel instead of Word so I could easily adjust them.

Dave
Posted By: Active 1 Re: Flat Rate Revisited - 02/28/06 01:18 AM
Hey Dave,

Word & Excel are compatible. You can cut & past. Do you have experiance with excel? If you want help I might be able to convert it for you. You should be able to set up multipliers so you can adjust all prices in a catigory at once.

Tom
Posted By: Radar Re: Flat Rate Revisited - 02/28/06 03:37 PM
Dave - If you happened to use tables in your Word document, it might be a fairly simple conversion. I, too, might be able to help you out in this, if you want.

Radar
Posted By: Romex Racer Re: Flat Rate Revisited - 03/01/06 02:48 AM
Not only can you cut and paste between Word and Excel, you can dynamically link them together using COM linking. When I do a takeoff in Excel, the Word doc I use to submit the proposal is automatically updated from fields in the Excel sheet.

Whoop! Whoop!
Posted By: mahlere Re: Flat Rate Revisited - 03/01/06 09:35 AM
rr,

explain that some more please. never heard of COM linking. is it in the help section of either word or excel?
Posted By: Tiger Re: Flat Rate Revisited - 03/01/06 12:08 PM
Thanks for the offer Gents, I appreciate it.

I couldn't get through with your listed email address Tom.

Dave
Posted By: Romex Racer Re: Flat Rate Revisited - 03/02/06 11:45 AM
Mahlere, open up Word and INSERT > OBJECT then select excel from the menu. You can pull in individual cells and embed them in your word doc.

[This message has been edited by Romex Racer (edited 03-02-2006).]
Posted By: mahlere Re: Flat Rate Revisited - 03/02/06 01:08 PM
thanks,

i'll have to learn that one good.
Posted By: Tiger Re: Flat Rate Revisited - 03/03/06 10:45 PM
A hearty public thank you to Radar for the Excel sheet. I really appreciate your help.

Dave
© ECN Electrical Forums