ECN Forum
Posted By: renosteinke Integrity #3: Price & the GC - 08/02/05 10:42 PM
The earlier questions made clear that the GC has a very big effect on our ability to do our job, keep our promises.

Do you make the less desireable GC's pay for their shoddiness- by quoting a higher price on their jobs?
Posted By: LK Re: Integrity #3: Price & the GC - 08/02/05 10:49 PM
Yes, which is most of the time, we have a few GC's that are on top of things, and hire qualified subs, they are a pleasure to work for, and then there are the guys that shop at the last minute to find the lowest bidder for all his subs, this type of GC is everyones nightmare.

[This message has been edited by LK (edited 08-02-2005).]
Posted By: macmikeman Re: Integrity #3: Price & the GC - 08/03/05 03:00 AM
My best and favorite GC's scheduler/ project manager left the company about a year ago. It was a great company to sub with, no payment delay's, change orders were expected for any changes the customer made, and the other subs were controlled very well. Well the new replacement guy could not be more opposite. Now all the customer's are steaming mad at the contractor by the time I get to the project. Things are not written down and forgotten promptly. The new carpenter crew he brougt in are fellow drunkard's of his from his favorite bar, and they are allways hung over each day. I could go on and on. My prices to them are now about double what they were berfore. I still think I am going to need to raise them higher or else stop working for them alltogether.
© ECN Electrical Forums