ECN Forum
Posted By: Steve McKinney Landscape lighting software? - 07/25/05 08:59 PM
How is this fellas. I was working at a house the other day that was empty, readying it for the new owner. Moving some stuff around, adding some outlets, you get the picture.

Go out to my truck for about the hundreth time and I noticed some of the Malibu walkway lights are broken, missing and in bad need of repair. No big deal, right? This is a pretty nice home with brick on the front and some different colored shrubbs all around. Then it hits me. If I could spell epithany correctly I would use that. Anyway a "flash" of insight that is probably old hat to alot of you, but I thought it would be so cool if I could take a digital picture of "before" proposed landscape lighting proposal and a "after" that will just wow them so much they rush to their checkbook and put me to work. (I do kind of like the idea there is no attic in landscape lighting..............I hope).

My question is, is there software out there in cyber world that will work with a digital picture taken by a good ole' boy in a pick up truck? And...........is it simple enough so my 13 year old daughter can explain it to me?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. You are the best guys I know to ask.

Thank you,

Steve McKinney
Posted By: sparkync Re: Landscape lighting software? - 08/13/05 01:59 AM
Steve, noticed your post had no replies. Thought I would give you a low voltage forum that has some good information and ideas on it. I have got into some of the landscape lighting. In fact I got a customer supposed to call me back soon to make decision. I proposed using "progress" brand lighting and transformers, verses mailbu etc. from Lowes and Home Depot. Of course the price was almost doubled using the higher price fixtures and transformers. I kind of like working with them so far. Try this forum and I think they could give you a few tips. www.lowvolt.org/ One of the things I tend to differ with some on that forum, is the way to splice the fixtures. I've found that using wirenuts and silicon work better than the "pierce point" connectors. I had a call back with one of the lights I installed, and the piece point connection wasn't making good. I wire-nutted it, and have had no other problems. Hope this helps. Steve..
© ECN Electrical Forums