ECN Forum
Posted By: Dave55 Pricing too low? - 04/28/05 03:35 AM
I couldn't resist. Do you think you're pricing too low? Can you think of some great things you could do if you earned a decent profit on your investment? Maybe you could actually retire with a retirement fund, buy better tools, get a reliable truck, advertise to bring in more business to earn more profits.

Dave
Posted By: Redsy Re: Pricing too low? - 04/28/05 11:18 AM
I undestand that this is a BUSINESS forum for Electrical CONTRACTORS and profits are very important.
But, having quit a large corporation after 24 years and being disgusted by LUST for continually increased profits, I am opposed to maximizing profit as an obsession.
I, like many small contractors are content (at least for now)to be able to make a decent, honest living, work every day, and earn enough money to save for vacation and retirement.
I see nothing wrong with wanting to establish a business that grows, and can be sold someday, but not everyone on this site has the same aspirations.

As Dnkldrf said-

We all do our own thing.

[This message has been edited by Redsy (edited 04-28-2005).]
Posted By: Dnkldorf Re: Pricing too low? - 04/28/05 12:11 PM
Redsy,

Well said...
Posted By: Dave55 Re: Pricing too low? - 04/29/05 01:39 AM
How would you feel about working for yourself for 24 years and having little to show for it? If I want to stay in this line of work I have to get out of installations. My body is becoming "worn and torn". I can either give it up, or hire a tech to replace me. The only way that will happen is if I become the manager and build the business. I may be able to last 15 or 20 more years as a manager, but only 5 or 10 as an installer.

It's not lust for profit, it's expecting a return on my investment. Who in their right mind would invest thousands of dollars without expecting a return?

Dave
Posted By: slumlordworker Re: Pricing too low? - 04/30/05 03:14 AM
in reply dude when you are working for your self and are in it for the long haul being cheap is ****ed up and will lead to crap down the road
© ECN Electrical Forums