ECN Forum
Posted By: Dave55 Worksite CD - 01/12/05 07:33 PM
I have a free CD from Home Depot, "The Worksite CD" which is an estimating program tied into their prices and Craftsman labor rates. The tutorial looks pretty slick, and the price is right. Has anyone tried using it?

Dave
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Worksite CD - 01/12/05 07:47 PM
Yes, I have. I find the labor units to be pretty acurate compared to other estimating software. However, I bid in assemblies for the most part. Meaning a "duplex" will include all of the parts needed from rough to finish. If you use their system you need to include every single piece and part. Kinda tough to do on a large project. But hey, I think it is accurate and you just can not beat free!
Posted By: Dave55 Re: Worksite CD - 01/12/05 07:50 PM
I'm considering using this to check and add to the sales book I'm working on. I can create the assemblies, then put it in my book as an assembly. I think someone else here said the Craftsman numbers were working for them.

Dave
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Worksite CD - 01/12/05 08:18 PM
Yes, It works great for making up assemblies. Do you use Excel as a spread sheet for your sales book?
Posted By: Dave55 Re: Worksite CD - 01/12/05 08:24 PM
I should use Excel, but I use Word. I don't like the way Excel wipes out what you've put in the box after you get in it and type one letter or number. I will eventually add my logo to the sheets & think I'd have a better time with Word. My wife is taking an Excel course next semester, so I may feel differently after she shows me what it can do.

Dave
© ECN Electrical Forums