ECN Forum
Posted By: Trumpy Got Business Cards? - 11/17/04 09:10 PM
Do you guys use the humble business card?.
They're an amazing marketing tool, because they can be used in so many ways.
Even as a Faultsman, I still use them as a calling card, if a customer is out when I call around at thier house.
And considering that they cost relatively next to nothing to get printed, I'd never be without a stack in the truck!. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: Got Business Cards? - 11/17/04 11:28 PM
Beats the heck out of writing your phone number on a napkin! I got my first set of business cards when I was 16 and mowing lawns. I always keep a box in my truck and usually I stick one in the envelope with an estimate or invoice. Cheap way to keep your name out there. When I was starting out I went to Home Depot and slipped cards into light fixtures and ceiling fan boxes. I actually got a couple of calls.

[This message has been edited by Electricmanscott (edited 11-17-2004).]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Got Business Cards? - 11/17/04 11:39 PM
Biz cards are a must have item IMHO.
I have gone through about 700 this past year and am suprised on how many calls are from some one who got their hands on one of my cards who would never have called or known about me with out one. I also drop them in the "bowl" at restaurants who give away a lunch from the biz card pool. Even won a free lunch. Ha, what a plus.
Posted By: Electric Eagle Re: Got Business Cards? - 11/18/04 12:04 AM
Absolutely! That's the first thing any business should do after you get a phone number. If a guy works for us more than a month or so, we buy a set for them with their name on them. It's a great morale booster for them and they will hand them out regularly.
Posted By: dougwells Re: Got Business Cards? - 11/18/04 12:24 AM
I used printed cards from the computer for a few years. they did help but now i get pro printed cards and just starting on my 2 ND box of 500 this week. My first box lasted about 6 months.I really like the look of professionally printed cards.
Posted By: andyp95 Re: Got Business Cards? - 11/18/04 01:51 AM
Great business tool.carry them all the time: in my truck,wallet,tool box.Include them in with my invoices and also have tacked them up on the "contractors board" at the local home centers too.A good "pro" printed card on a good heavy stock is the best.
© ECN Electrical Forums