ECN Forum
Posted By: John Steinke Getting the new NEC - 10/21/04 01:58 AM
I belong to the NFPA (Electrical section) and I pre-ordered at the first opportunity.
The local supply house is selling the new code- for less than my members' discount!
The NFPA has not responded to my e-mail.

Am I alone, or are others having a similar problem?
Posted By: CharlieE Re: Getting the new NEC - 10/21/04 02:11 AM
That has always been the case. Your supply house will order a bazillion (give or take a few) of them and they will be special ones with the supply house's name and logo on the cover in many cases. The supply house can now undercut the NFPA member's price who is normally just ordering a few copies (my order the last cycle was around $2,500). NECA has been doing the same thing for years along with Graybar and several of the other places. Additionally, the Code will be available at these other places before it is available to the members. I really doubt that this process will ever change. [Linked Image]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Charlie Eldridge, Indianapolis, Utility Power Guy
Posted By: Fred Re: Getting the new NEC - 10/21/04 03:06 AM
I bought mine at the supply house last week for $68.95. I did the same last cycle and ordered my Keyword Index and tabs from Tom Henry. I haven't checked his website lately to see if he's got the '05 stuff available yet. I love the Keyword Index. I could live without the tabs this time.
Posted By: Ryan_J Re: Getting the new NEC - 10/27/04 01:15 PM
John: From what I have read the NFPA "misplaced" over 1,000 pre-publication internet orders. Hopefully yours wasn't one of them [Linked Image]
Posted By: John Steinke Re: Getting the new NEC - 10/28/04 02:57 PM
Happy to say I just received the new code.
Posted By: Roger Re: Getting the new NEC - 10/29/04 11:59 PM
Thread has been moved to the 2005 NEC Forum
https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/Forum19/HTML/000008.html

Roger
© ECN Electrical Forums