ECN Forum
Posted By: sparkync NMC and NM cable - 10/11/04 11:50 PM
I think I'm having a "senior moment". What's the main difference in where Type NM cable can be used and Type NMC cable? I should know this and I've looked in the code but can't find what I think might be the answer [Linked Image] Type NMC in moist and damp conditions, verses dry locations for type NM? Sorry, I know this is a simple question, but I think I'm near my "overload", can't seem to get it together tonight [Linked Image]
Thanks .. "near overload"... Steve [Linked Image]
Posted By: Roger Re: NMC and NM cable - 10/12/04 12:07 AM
Steve, you're actually on the money, and to add to it; 334.10(B) (you new that already)

(1) For both exposed and concealed work in dry, moist, damp, or corrosive locations, except as prohibited in 334.10(3).

(2) In outside and inside walls of masonary block or tiles.

(3) In a shallow chase in masonry, concrete, or adobe protected against nails or screws by a steel plate at least 1.59 mm (1/16 in) thick and covered with plaster, adobe, or similar finish.

Type NM is for Dry and can be fished into air voids of masonry blocks and tile walls.

Roger
Posted By: sparkync Re: NMC and NM cable - 10/12/04 12:15 AM
Thanks Roger, I was looking right at it in the code, but couldn't see the "forest for the trees" [Linked Image] Tired tonight .. Thanks again
© ECN Electrical Forums