ECN Forum
Posted By: Reel-Break outdoor panel? - 06/08/04 12:27 PM
We have a service to change/upgrade to 200a. ok the existing panel is on a screened in porch almost like a sun room the home owner doesn`t want the panel turned inside as it will be in the bed room.I was wanting some clarification is this type room consitered to be outdoor? I`d like not to have to get 3r panel and just install a 200amp panel box.Its located about 3' inside the screened in area and under roof.Thanks in advance I looked at 408 and 312.2a still a gray area to me.
Posted By: electricman2 Re: outdoor panel? - 06/08/04 07:54 PM
I would get a ruling from the local inspector (AHJ). Its his opinion that matters.
Posted By: Reel-Break Re: outdoor panel? - 06/08/04 08:37 PM
OK talked to inspector in Fayettville NC says can`t place panel their because its consitered a porch not sun room.How ever he sited no code,I guess a porch is a damp location and can`t have indoor panel someone have any input.Note I`m only concerned with this because I`m doing this for a very low income family I`m actually making gas money only so I`m tring to save a dollar on material. Thanks
Posted By: earlydean Re: outdoor panel? - 06/09/04 01:09 PM
You may also weatherproof the panel by installing an exterior door in front of it.
© ECN Electrical Forums