ECN Forum
[Linked Image from joetedesco.com]

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 09-17-2003).]
Er, magically, http://www.fireshield.com/

Looks like GFCI, surge-o-matic and AFCI in one. Is it listed as one or more of these?

I wonder if the marginal press on AFCIs will affect acceptance of such a product?

And... University Fires?
Who cares about what she is holding!
zapped208

Who cares about what she is holding!

Is there a technical reply or message here or are you against this type of product?

In your opinion, what's the best way to stop appliance fires?
Hmmm....

It's an interesting concept.

They do sell plug-in GFCI cordsets like that.

What I would like to know is why doesn't someone wise up and sell GFCI attachment plugs?

You know those little square plugs that come attached on most better hairdryers?

I wish someone would sell those things by themselves, so capable people could use them to attach to hair dryers or other appliances as needed, instead of a regular cord cap (let's say the radio in my bathroom?).

There's gotta be some regulation that prevents this, I'm sure...not to mention people would probably hook them up backards (but then what about the numskulls who hook up grounding caps in reverse polarity).

The housings of GFCI attachment plugs I've seen are either riveted or fastened with tamper resistant screws. You can't remove them. And I bet the plug pins are crimped to the conductors....

[This message has been edited by SvenNYC (edited 09-18-2003).]
Joe, I'm sure zapped's reply had more to do with the looks of the vendor than the product. Being as politically corrrect as possible, she makes looking at the product kind of hard. But, after all, isn't that the basis of most advertising anymore?

Hope you had a good time at the meeting, and I have enjoyed looking at the photos in the gallery. Did you have any time to attend classes? Just how did you get all those people to smile? Must of been the weather?

Rick
Joe when I saw your post, just a picture with no questions asked, I too thought you posted it for the same reason she was chosen to promote the product.

Bob
Rick:

Yes, I thought it over and felt the same way but wanted to find out for sure, you settled the comment. No offence to zapped!

I was able to attend all of the report meetings, and the last day where the seminar on motors attracted my attention.

The instructor had to leave early to catch the shuttle and when he left, one voice from the rear of the room said let Joe finish the class, and I did for about an hour.

We discussed Example D8 in Annex D and I mentioned that it was a good example to use to learn about motor calculations, but I did say that I felt that it was incomplete because they didn't show how to determine the size of the raceway.

I believe that CMP-11 should work with CMP-8 to add that information for us.
I was also at the Jubilee, and whenever we were looking for Joe he was at her 'booth'!!!
She drew quite the crowd.

Pierre
Your cool Joe.....No offence taken. Zapped208
© ECN Electrical Forums