ECN Forum
Posted By: boxford Defintions in Article 725 - 05/15/03 07:32 PM
I was recently reviewing the definitions in Article 725.2, in particular the Class 1 Circuit, Class 2 Circuit, and the Class 3 Circuit. By reading the definitions it was still unclear to me exactly what all of these circuits are? If someone could tell me how the governing bodies decide the requirements to differentiate the classes and give me a watered down interpretation of what the definitions mean that would be fantastic.
Posted By: dana1028 Re: Defintions in Article 725 - 05/16/03 09:28 PM
It's a lot easier to point you 'in the right direction' than try to explain it to you.

Check out the EC&M Magazine website (ecmweb.com)...they have quite a number of articles on this subject that should help clear this up for you. This site has a 'search' engine that will take you to back issues for many years...you can search by subject, article title, author, or date.

Aug. 2000 - 'Classifying & Using Class 1,2,3 Circuits' by James Stallcup is very good.

Jan., Feb., & Dec. of 2001 - Mike Holt has several articles on 'Technology Wiring' - this includes Class 1,2,3 wiring circuits.
© ECN Electrical Forums