ECN Forum
Posted By: wayne mobile homes - 05/05/03 08:59 AM
Hi Guys,

Are we now required to use sch 80 pvc conduit for mobile home feeders. I had an engineer the other day tell a customer of mine that the pvc on the exisiting service had to be changed to sch 80. And on the flip side of that he had stated that the exisiting 4/0 quaduplex RHW Aul was OK. Frome my understaing we now and for some time had to us RHW-2 wire on mobile home feeders. Another thing, he also stated that iI had to have a clamp on wire entering two of my metal boxes. I have it stapled within 12 inches of each box. Hum, whats wrong. Bill or anyone have any input on this.
Posted By: WARREN1 Re: mobile homes - 05/05/03 08:06 PM
Probably what you are seeing is local requirements above those of Art. 550 and maybe Art. 552 (Park trailers). Most of the counties here require a pole within a few feet of the mobile home with the meter and a panelboard mounted on it with at least a 100 amp breaker to serve as a disconnect outside in case of fire. Schedule 40 PVC was Ok a few years ago when I installed one. That may have changed recently. If I had to install another, I would check the local requirements.
Park trailers are limited to 400 sq. ft. Thats a 10X40 mobile home. Many travel trailers are that size and larger set up in parks. Local ordinances would probably dictate more stringent requirements than in the NEC.
© ECN Electrical Forums