ECN Forum
Posted By: ElectricAL Home Spray Booth - 04/02/03 11:11 PM
When is a fold up spray booth not regulated by Article 516? I've got a client who has a portion of his home garage, that includes a window, that he uses on occasion to apply waterborne finishes. He unrolls 6 mil plastic from the ceiling, and puts a box fan in the window. The end opposite the window is open to the rest of the garage.

He says he only uses waterborne finishes.
Posted By: Elzappr Re: Home Spray Booth - 04/03/03 04:30 AM
Some jobs sure can cause troubles! Doesn't SEEM to be a risk (considering the lack of "dangerous quantities of flammable vapors, combustible mists, residues, dusts, or deposits"(516.3))...now. BUT later on, when the customer tries some more flammable mixtures, you lose it all when the house blows up! If you wire it unclassified, and the customer sells the house with the spray booth set-up, the new owner might not be aware of the useage restrictions.
Know any lawyers?

[This message has been edited by Elzappr (edited 04-02-2003).]
Posted By: frenchelectrican Re: Home Spray Booth - 04/03/03 07:15 AM
i hate to say this but here we go again sometime back someone did say about homemade spray booth and it was a hot debate and please tell that person who want to use home made spray booth is very dangerous practice and any inspecter heard that they will ask that person to shut it down or make a proper spray booth i dont know how many time it show up on this forum but please warn alot of peoples about homemade spray booth.

merci marc
© ECN Electrical Forums