ECN Forum
Posted By: ga.sparky56 physical damage? - 03/11/03 04:37 AM
I have several security lights to install.They are to be mounted on 6x6 pt posts.All will be adjacent to a driveway. I have rigid non-metallic run underground stubbed up at each pole.I know I should come out of the ground with rmc to be on the safe side. My question is,should i use rmc all the way to the j-box or is there a safe height to transition back to pvc? thanks in advance,Russell
Posted By: Nick Re: physical damage? - 03/11/03 05:13 AM
If you transition back to PVC there will be no way to bond the short section of GRC. Stick with the GRC all the way to the box.
Posted By: frenchelectrican Re: physical damage? - 03/11/03 05:30 AM
bonsoir russ:
genrally i run pvc shc 80 ( heveywall type) and i genrally dont have any probem with it but if it was round post i will switch over to ethier rigid or imc conducts depend on the set up and all the post i put in i add a plug in for convence for my comster ( they like my idea) but what j-box you will be using platistic ( like carson type ??) or metal one but use metel one kinda of pain the butt due the inside size and not a whole lot of room to play especally with shallow box type i rather use the deep well outdoor box it give me more room to play with it

merci marc
Posted By: ga.sparky56 Re: physical damage? - 03/11/03 12:20 PM
Thanks Nick and Marc.I hadn't thought of a recep but it sounds like a good idea.
© ECN Electrical Forums