ECN Forum
Posted By: Ken Harron AFCI - 05/10/02 05:32 PM
Can someone advise how the states adopt the NEC? Does each state adopt it or reject it or is it an automatic that all states adopt without review? In particular the new rule of AFCI breakers and bedroom circuits. I am particularily interested in states from N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Minnesota, Montana, Colorado, Utah, Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Washington. Can any one help?
Posted By: Tom Re: AFCI - 05/11/02 01:11 PM
Ken,

I've sent you a slightly out of date PDF of state regulations pertaining to electricity. You should be able to find what you want in it if no one is able to answer your question here.

Tom
Posted By: Cindy Re: AFCI - 05/11/02 02:55 PM
oregon uses the 99 nec now, and will be adopting the 2002 nec in october. since oregon also uses the international 1 and 2 family dwelling code for single family residential and duplexes, and there is no reference to afci's in it, they currently only require afci's in buildings with "other than" 1 or 2 dwelling units [that is, 3 unit dwellings and above], but in october they will be requiring afci's in bedrooms of all dwellings. on page 3 of the link below it says what i just said, thats their official state web site.
http://www.oregonbcd.org/pub/codelink/2002/mar_apr_02.pdf
Posted By: sparky Re: AFCI - 05/13/02 12:14 AM
(off topic)
interesting Tsunami Inundation info....
© ECN Electrical Forums