ECN Forum
Posted By: ken m disconnect ? - 05/08/02 12:16 AM
can anyone site a code location that would apply to following senerio? is it a safe application?
there is a 200 amp meter base with a main lug only panel attached on opposite sides of a 6x6, #2feeder connected to a 125amp bkr located on the buss as if a branch circuit, used as the main disconnect. other branch ckts will be used for outlets for a camper. would 239-9 (99) apply? thx for all feedback, ken m
Posted By: Cindy Re: disconnect ? - 05/08/02 04:12 AM
trick question, 239.9?
i'll bite though and say 239.9 would not apply, sorry, couldnt resist.
#2 Cu works for the 125a dwelling feeder from 310-15b6, and when you say "connected as if a bc" i assume you mean its installed on the stabs in the mlo panel vs using a breaker kit at the main lugs???? which is ok too. so was wondering if you were getting at 230-71 six switch rule which wouldnt apply to the panel setup you described, or maybe 384-16g because your feeders are backfed to this 125a breaker instead of to a main lug breaker kit, so you have to be sure to use the additional fastener on that backfed 125a main disconnect, right?
so i give up if its something else you were fishing for, but thought i'd try these. -C-
Posted By: ken m Re: disconnect ? - 05/08/02 10:06 AM
hey cindy, not a quiz. a local building inspector was asking me if i could help with locating any code violation with the above situation. i couldn't find any so thought i would put it to the e.c.n. board. personally i would use a mb panel. do you know if the 125 a mb needs to be bolted to the buss? we are still into the 99 code era. thx., ken m
Posted By: Cindy Re: disconnect ? - 05/09/02 03:15 AM
384-16g requires the additional fastener, i think GE has a conversion kit, ITE and Sq.D use bolt on types i think, and murray and T&B use a clip or screw fastener, you can probably find them on a web site catalog
© ECN Electrical Forums