ECN Forum
Posted By: AndrusT Bath Plug - 03/28/02 10:53 PM
Hi guys,
I'm Working in a new area this week and I'm told the inspector wants, our bathroom countertop plugs, 3 feet from the tub.
The tub is right next to the counter. So now it looks like I have to have this plug right in the middle of the counter. Which also means I have to deal with, the mirror, and whatever backsplash that goes up.
Is that the rule 3' from a tub, even if its gfci protected? Sounds weird to me.

P.s. One more lil question, In a unfinished basement, with a Half-wall (4'cemented and the other 4' framed in with a few windows)
Do I need plugs on that wall? Its not a walkout basement, no doorwall.
I'm sure this last question I can find in my code book. I'm going to look right after this, but I know someone on here will know the answer if I can't find it.
Thanks in advance..
Posted By: AndrusT Re: Bath Plug - 03/30/02 04:52 PM
Ya basement only needs just the standard one plug, unless theres a walkout. Still don't know the rule with the bath plug next to the tub. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: Bath Plug - 03/30/02 06:23 PM
Without looking it up I think that the receptacle can be closer than three feet from the tub, this is o common occurance. As far as the basement goes I beleive that if it an unfinished basement, walkout or not, it is an unfinished basement. This would require one gfi receptacle. The one at the service will cover it.
Posted By: AndrusT Re: Bath Plug - 03/30/02 09:16 PM
Thanks Scott
© ECN Electrical Forums