ECN Forum
Posted By: Anonymous Recommend Nec Chapters to Study - 06/19/01 02:37 AM
Can anyone recommend chapters of most importance to study for the Residential (Only) electricians exam.
Posted By: sparky Re: Recommend Nec Chapters to Study - 06/19/01 09:54 AM
Foca Se;
welcome to the forum,

chapters 1-3, parts of 4

good luck

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: Recommend Nec Chapters to Study - 06/19/01 10:53 AM
Study Article 680 and the examples in Appendix D, especially those that show calculations related to dwellings.
Posted By: Tom Re: Recommend Nec Chapters to Study - 06/19/01 07:53 PM
I don't know what your test will stress, but I think special attention should be paid to article 250.

Good luck

Tom
Posted By: electure Re: Recommend Nec Chapters to Study - 06/20/01 12:32 AM
Welcome to you Foca Se.
Something to keep in mind after you pass your test is that you're not done yet. The rest of the codebook is yet to (never) be conquered. After decades of electrical work, if you decide to stay, you'll still learn something new every day.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Recommend Nec Chapters to Study - 06/20/01 01:09 AM
Thanks for the info!
Originally posted by sparky:
Foca Se;
welcome to the forum,

chapters 1-3, parts of 4

good luck

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Recommend Nec Chapters to Study - 06/20/01 01:10 AM
Thank you!
Originally posted by Joe Tedesco:
Study Article 680 and the examples in Appendix D, especially those that show calculations related to dwellings.
Posted By: WARREN1 Re: Recommend Nec Chapters to Study - 06/21/01 04:52 PM
This is a good forum to learn a lot from just by visiting every few days and reading the post here. Another place to try is electrician.com, and the Tom Henry series is also pretty good. There are others out there. As stated above, the first three chapters and part of four are a good place to start. But for me, I took Code classes at my local technical college. I would check there for classes and books that have questions for study.
Good Luck.
© ECN Electrical Forums