ECN Forum
Posted By: sparky Dimmer dim-wit - 01/23/01 12:33 PM
I've had a to-do over these 3-way dimmers on the market. It seems that if one dimmer has the lights down low, the other will not bring them back up. I have only found that the more expensive LED dimmers will override each other. Has anyone had a prob like this, or found 3-way dimmers that will "talk" to each other well??? [Linked Image]
Posted By: sam Re: Dimmer dim-wit - 01/23/01 10:28 PM
all the three ways dimmers i have installed were, one 3way switch and one 3way dimmer.
how will two dimmers talk to each other?
just wondering
Posted By: sparky Re: Dimmer dim-wit - 01/23/01 10:49 PM
Sam;
there are those customers who just have to dim it all, from everywhere. I can do this with the LED style, mainly due to thier wiring charateristics being different from the usual 3-way. They send a signal to each other.

I just would like to find a cost-effective set up as these are $30-$40 a piece units. [Linked Image]
Posted By: sam Re: Dimmer dim-wit - 01/25/01 12:59 AM
some people are never going to be satisfied.
seems that is a costly way of dimming, comparing 10 to 15 dollars to 60 to 80 dollars per set of switches good luck
Posted By: ZoysGig Re: Dimmer dim-wit - 01/25/01 01:42 AM
Heya,

If you really wanted to spend their money, you might look into using a Lutron HomeWorks system. Works great for the hard to please, deep pocketed type [Linked Image]

Really though, the system is fully capable of handling any number of your lighting and dimming needs. Only problem is that it can get very expensive depending on the options and devices installed.

I'm curious, has anyone used CH's Advanced Power Center System....Any good??

[This message has been edited by ZoysGig (edited 01-24-2001).]
Posted By: tajoch Re: Dimmer dim-wit - 03/03/01 09:52 AM
Am not at work, so I don't have access to the catalogs, but there are a number of lo-voltage devices which shoud fit your needs, no sure about the prices though
© ECN Electrical Forums