ECN Forum
Posted By: James Morier Dedicated Equipment Space - 11/03/00 04:29 PM
I have a new installation where the MC ran hot water heat pipes less than 2 inches away from the side of an electrical panel. The heating line contains an automatic air bleeder valve near the top of the panel. The lines do not enter the dedicated equipment space as defined in 110-26.f. The outlet of the bleeder valve points away from the panel and under normal operation, should not cause a water problem. I can not find anything in the code that prohibits this installation. I would like to have the MC move his lines, but I need back-up from the code. Am I missing something?
Posted By: cinkerf Re: Dedicated Equipment Space - 12/04/00 04:41 PM
Originally posted by James Morier:
I have a new installation where the MC ran hot water heat pipes less than 2 inches away from the side of an electrical panel. The heating line contains an automatic air bleeder valve near the top of the panel. The lines do not enter the dedicated equipment space as defined in 110-26.f. The outlet of the bleeder valve points away from the panel and under normal operation, should not cause a water problem. I can not find anything in the code that prohibits this installation. I would like to have the MC move his lines, but I need back-up from the code. Am I missing something?
Depending upon the width of your panelboard you may be able to use 110.26(a)(2)
© ECN Electrical Forums