ECN Forum
Posted By: sparkync Emergency light exception - 03/22/14 09:56 PM
In the project I am doing, I have 4 circuits feeding overhead florescent lighting on 4 separate switches. The architect has drawn in a 16 recess gimble type emergency lights. Code reference 700.12 (F)under exception #1,says that I can run a separate circuit for the "unit lighting" instead of having to be on the same circuit if the qualifications are met. It says the minimum is 3 and I have 4 so as far as I can see I meet these qualifications. And it is in a separate and uninterrrupted area (no walls)and all lights are coming from the same panelboard, and I can put a lock on the breaker that controls the emergency lighting circuit. I was about to miss this exception and wire the related emergency lights ahead of each switched circuit. Am I thinking right? Thanks
Posted By: Yoopersup Re: Emergency light exception - 03/23/14 02:48 AM
Yep U are.
Posted By: sparkync Re: Emergency light exception - 03/26/14 05:01 PM
Unfortunately for the owner, the electrical engineer has chose to ignore the "exception", and is requiring that each set of emergency lights in the area of each circuit be tied in ahead of the switch in that circuit. I know that the NEC is only a minimum. I tried:(
© ECN Electrical Forums